WINN Design + Build is a team of architects, interior designers, and craftsmen specializing in residential design and construction.
We Bring The Entire Remodeling Process, From Design Through Construction, Under One Roof.
WINN Design + Build is a full-service residential design-build firm specializing in whole house renovations, additions, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, as well as additional exterior and interior remodeling. WINN also has a custom modular division.
Owner Michael Winn founded the firm in 1996 and has been featured by HGTV, The Washington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur and the Washington Business Journal, representing both WINN Design + Build and the remodeling industry as a whole.
We are a family-owned and operated business with a highly-experienced and qualified team consisting of architects, designers, production managers and tradesmen. Our entire design-build process takes place under one roof, providing a seamless experience of working with one team from start to finish.
Clients have access to our web-based project management tool, which tracks a remodel’s status, schedule and budget while allowing clients to communicate directly with the WINN team.
We are Energy Star-certified and use a “whole house” approach to increase your home’s energy efficiency while lowering utility bills. We also offer affordable green building approaches, materials and technologies. Our exclusive 5-Year Limited Warranty protects your project against problems that may arise after completion.
- Michael Winn, CEO + Owner
- Ken Ivey, COO
- Lauren Magee, AIA, Director of Architecture + Design
- James Finn, AIA, Project Architect
- Liz Diseati, AIA, Project Architect
- David Facey, Allied-ASID, CKD, CBD, Project Designer
- Brad Yetman, Director of Operations
- Jennifer Hall, Project Coordinator
- Ann Wilson, Office Manager
- Melinda Winn, Marketing Manager
Our renovations, additions and remodels are designed to blend architecturally with your original structure. We begin by analyzing the structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to determine the appropriate approach for your project and conduct energy audits to identify cost effective ways to improve the comfort and efficiency of your home.
- Whole House Renovations: Refresh your home’s interior and exterior design aesthetics and increase overall square footage. We specialize in single and second-story renovations including complete floor plan remodels, full kitchen and bathroom remodels, opening up walls, curb appeal and finishing basements spaces.
- Additions: Expand your galley kitchen, family room and dining room into ideal entertaining spaces. Convert that second-story bedroom into a luxurious master suite with a bathroom and his and hers closets. Our additions are designed to blend with your existing structure while providing a much-needed increase in living space.
- Exterior Remodeling: Transform your backyard into an oasis for relaxation and entertainment. Our team will help you blueprint and build porches and porticos, sunrooms and screened porches, upscale decks and patios, hardscapes, outdoor kitchens, pools, Jacuzzis, fireplaces and more.
- Interior Remodeling: Renew your outdated kitchen, bathroom, living and dining rooms, bedrooms and closets by planning a seamless remodel. By installing new molding, flooring, doors and windows, decorative hardware, custom built-ins, recessed lighting and modern appliances, we’ll completely transform your space using above-grade materials, fabrication and installation quality.
- Custom Modular Division: Increase your home’s square footage without the disruption of moving or the uncertainty of whether you’ll find something in your price range in a desirable neighborhood. Our modular additions are environmentally friendly and typically take less than half the time of a regular site-built addition. The customization possible with our units offers additions that blend seamlessly with almost any architectural style. Read more about our modular division here.